Ankos serves as a bridge between publishers and libraries to provide access to the most affordable e-information resources for universities and research libraries.
Considering the rational development of e-books, subscribed or purchased databases, it strives to achieve a common policy union among members on issues such as the purchase of more resources to meet the educational and research needs of users of institutions participating in the consortium.
In doing all this, it cooperates with appropriate institutes and organizations both at home and abroad on copyright, license agreements and other consortia around the world, and guarantees the legal rights of its stakeholders.
Ankos, a member of ICOLC (International coalition of Library Consortia), has adopted ICOLC procedures and practices.
- ANKOS invites local and foreign brokerage firms, publishers and database providers to work with the Consortium and its member libraries. The support and cooperation we receive from the institutions we work with are important in terms of sustaining the development and dynamic structure of ANKOS.
ANKOS promotes the direct interaction of intermediary companies, publishers and database providers with member libraries for information and education purposes. However, requests to introduce products offered to Turkish university libraries at ANKOS consortium price and offer to open these products for trial should be made directly to ANKOS Center through the Publisher Application Form.
- ANKOS promotes the direct interaction of intermediary companies, publishers and database providers with member libraries for information and education purposes. However, requests to introduce products offered to Turkish university libraries at ANKOS consortium price and offer to open these products for trial should be made directly to ANKOS Center through the Publisher Application Form.
- At ANKOS annual meetings, it is possible to make introductory presentations to the national participants of member libraries. ANKOS can also organize these presentations at the regional level.
- Any proposal submitted by brokerage firms, publishers and database providers as “ANKOS consortium price” must be submitted directly to ANKOS Center by filling out the Publisher Application Form on our website.
- Price negotiations are carried out with the ANKOS Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will then deliver acceptable price quotes to ANKOS members to receive their comments and agree. If this procedure is not followed, neither ANKOS nor member libraries will recognize the quotation as a legal and ANKOS consortium deal proposal.
- ANKOS is deeply grateful to its sponsors who support their annual meetings, workshops and preparation of educational materials. In this context, it also appreciates the support of local office representatives who cooperate closely with us in achieving our goals and objectives within the framework of business ethics.
- ANKOS will do all it can to ensure that the sponsor companies can display or promote their products to the relevant exhibitors, as well as providing convenient communication and sharing in places where they meet, as well as providing convenient residential areas.
- ANKOS will also take the time and allocate appropriate meeting space during the annual meetings to give the opportunity to each sponsor to present to the relevant participants in separate or parallel sessions, in accordance with the fee table announced before the meeting.
- All questions regarding this directive should be directed to the ANKOS Center to be answered.